Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Perfect Day for 95 Cookies

I'm going to start with an update on my life. This past week has been amazing. My sisters turned eight years old, my mom had a birthday, and Christian was able to baptize and confirm the girls (super proud moment). I couldn't have asked for a better week!

The night before the baptism, I was babysitting. When I got home, I promised my mom I would make cookies for the baptism. What I didn't know what that my mom wanted me to bake enough cookies for every baptism in the state of Nevada. (Okay, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration.) Well, we didn't have enough butter, so we had to wait for the boys to do the shopping, and I finally went to bed at two in the morning, with 95 cookies waiting downstairs.
Yum. I'd say it was worth it. 

I had planned on waking up early to write my talk on the Holy Ghost for the baptism (I had forgot about it until that night), and I woke up with time to do so until my mom asked me to curl my sisters' hair. So I'm standing in the bathroom with a curling iron in my hand, trying to type something up with my elbow (which doesn't really work out-- you should try it). When I went to print it, my family was all in the car so I picked up what I had and sprinted for our mini van (we call it our "swagger wagon". It's really cool). It was so hectic! But so worth it. We got there and my mom pronounced me photographer. I followed Lucia and Daniela around, trying to get some good shots.

I was chasing Lucia when she ran down the hallway and into a random classroom. She grabbed the Book of Mormon on the table and started pretending to teach. It was seriously the cutest thing. Her attention was diverted once again, and she ran back to the room.
Such a perfect moment. I love the fact that
she's in her white jumpsuit

The best part of the day was watching my brother baptize my sisters. I could not suppress the tears as I watched him. I am so proud of my brother. I have no idea what I'm going to do when he's gone! I am so grateful to have the Melkizedek Priesthood in my home. It makes a huge difference to have a priesthood holder in the home, and I am thankful for Christian and his worthiness. 

We got to take a few pictures outside, even though Diego was pulling ninja stunts to photobomb our pictures. We were then able to go have lunch with my Granda for her birthday (which was that same day). Oh, my cousins are too cute. Just look at those cheeks.
He just might be the smiliest (is that a real word?)
 baby I've ever met!
Right before Diego leaps into the
frame with a high ninja kick!
That's it for today, good people. Seize the moment, accept imperfection, and always opt for optimism.

Love, Camila

No comments:

Post a Comment