Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10 Things You Need to Know About Me

    Hi, all. Blogging is a new experience for me, but I'm looking forward to this journey. The time will pass anyway, so I may as well document it! Here are a few things you should know about me:
  1. I was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico. When I tell people this, they assume I'm Puerto Rican (which technically I am) but I am actually half Chilean, half German/Norwegian! Also, they assume I know a lot about Puerto Rico. I mean, being there for the first three months of my life taught me many life lessons-- I'm not sure I could ever forget that stage in my life! 
  2. I am one of five children, and family means everything to me. I have two sisters and two brothers. One of my sisters, Lucia, has special needs, and she has taught me more life lessons in fewer words than anyone I have ever met in my life. I am so blessed.
    We enjoy the little things in life.

  3. I'm a senior in high school. It's crazy to think that I will be moving on to the next chapter of my life, but I am ecstatic. And if you ask (because most people do), I don't know what I want to do with my life. But I feel like the Lord will guide me in whatever I need to do.
  4. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love the gospel, and without it, I would be lost. It keeps me sane, and stitches my family together. 
    A photo I took in Salt Lake City, UT.
    Two of my fave things: the temple and our country.
  5. My best friend is my older brother. Christian will be leaving to serve a full time mission in Lyon, France. He leaves in a few short months, and I could not be more proud. It's weird to think that the event you've talked about your entire life is actually happening.
    Post wisdom teeth surgery.
    Glad we can look back on this and smile at his chipmunk cheeks.
  6. I am an optimist. Well...not all the time. But I continually search for the good in people and life. I try to see others as our Savior sees them, and this gives me a positive outlook in life.
  7. I am a baking fanatic. And my cooking skills are lacking... But I could probably survive on brownies or banana bread! Happy tummy, unhappy thighs. Eh, win some lose some, right?
  8. It is NEVER too early for Christmas. And if you tell me it is, I will plug my ears and sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
  9. I am currently the Northern Region VP on the state officer team for the Nevada Future Business Leaders of America. This organization has changed my life in too many ways to count. There have been many sleepless nights, but I would not be the person I am today without having joined.
  10. I speak Spanish fluently. As I said, my mother is Chilean. My father served a Spanish-speaking mission in Philadelphia. Thus, Spanish is spoke in my home (all the time). And I am so grateful for it. It's a part of who I am, and I love surprising people who would never guess that I am a native speaker.
And these are the ten things that you need to know about me. Enjoy your week, love your life, and always opt for optimism.
Love, Camila 


No comments:

Post a Comment